Arizona State University has developed a new model for the American research university, creating an institution that is committed to excellence, access and impact. ASU pursues research that contributes to the public good; and ASU assumes major responsibility for the economic, social and cultural vitality of the communities that surround it. Learn more about ASU's vision.
ASU's eight design aspirations
for a New American University
inspire our every activity.
ASU embraces its cultural, socioeconomic
and physical setting.
ASU catalyzes social change by
being connected to social needs.
ASU uses its knowledge and encourages
ASU research has purpose and impact.
ASU is committed to the success of each
ASU creates knowledge by transcending
ASU connects with communities through
mutually beneficial partnerships.
ASU engages with people and issues locally,
nationally and internationally.
- Penn State dean returns to ASU Cronkite School faculty
- High school students explore health care during ASU summer program
- President Crow to speak on access, excellence at Clemson convocation
- ASU alum uses global health degree to serve Arizona's kids
- ASU engineers use 3-D technology to improve cardiac care