Arizona State University has developed a new model for the American research university, creating an institution that is committed to excellence, access and impact. ASU pursues research that contributes to the public good; and ASU assumes major responsibility for the economic, social and cultural vitality of the communities that surround it. Learn more about ASU's vision.
ASU's eight design aspirations
for a New American University
inspire our every activity.
ASU embraces its cultural, socioeconomic
and physical setting.
ASU catalyzes social change by
being connected to social needs.
ASU uses its knowledge and encourages
ASU research has purpose and impact.
ASU is committed to the success of each
ASU creates knowledge by transcending
ASU connects with communities through
mutually beneficial partnerships.
ASU engages with people and issues locally,
nationally and internationally.
- ASU, IRENA to develop solar tech certification program in West Africa
- Filmmaker John Scheinfeld to visit ASU, show sneak preview of documentary
- ASU offers sports broadcasting camp for high school students
- Ariz. universities collaborate to grow algae from wastewater
- ASU collaborates with Dutch partners on groundbreaking sustainable development plan